Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It's Thankful Thursday!

 It's Thankful Thursday!  I decided to enter cards into two challenges and since they were both 'sentiment' related, I decided I'd challenge myself to use the same sentiment... and it worked out!  I was able to make three cards!


I used Ultra Bak paper that my father brought home years and years ago!  It is a shiny paper that is like a sticker.  The sheets I have are posterboard size, but I imagine they come in smaller shapes too!

I used the Scanncut Canvas program to merge the letters of 'thanks' together.  I then cut them out on the Ultra Bak paper - one forwards and one backwards.  Since the sticker portion isn't super sticky, I was able to use it as a mask and then use my heat gun to lift it up.  My mom keeps bringing these sheets over and I'm so glad I found something to do with them!



This card was done using the reverse 'thanks' image and then I added glitter to the sticker!
The glitter idea came from a video by Jennifer McGuire
Card submitted for CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #119
Card submitted for CAS-ology Challenge #142

I used the sticker as a mask, which when hit with the heat come pulls up perfectly, and did the Bokeh method with ink!
Card submitted to CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #118


I used the sticker, from the Bokeh card, and adhered it to similar color cardstock!  This was a quick one!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work with your cutting machine and I adore those mischievous little kittens! Thanks for joining us at CC&S Lisa. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Wonderful take on the CTS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly cute are the little kitties peeking out from their round windows!?!?! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in our sketch challenge at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those little kittens peeping out of their portholes in different places. A super fun card. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kittens are both cute and sweet, and your 'sugar-crusted' sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN kitty cards, and lovely COLORS!!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at CASology!!!!
    -Please join us again!!!

    ReplyDelete