Wednesday, November 1, 2017

4 Crafty Chicks - Sketch #375 Challenge


I am so excited to be guest designing for 4 Crafty Chicks for the month of November!  I am also so excited with the results of this first card!  I was presented with Sketch Challenge #375, image below, and just knew what I wanted to create!
I recently took a class with Melanie April Cosmic Watercolor Class on creating planets.  I'm not sure why they popped into my mind when I first saw this sketch - but I just had to give the planet layout a shot... and I am so happy I did.

The planets are made with Gansai Tambi watercolors (including the gold metallic color).  The planets are made from the Simon Says Stamp Space Journey set.  The die cut in the middle of the page is also from Simon Says Stamp and I placed a piece of silver glitter paper behind the page.
The background was made with distress oxide inks.  I have no idea what type of paper I used - it was recommended when I bought the distress oxide inks - but it has a shimmer that looks like little twinkling stars when you have it in your hands.  You can see it in the image below.  I promise, I will find out what this paper is!

The sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp You Matter set.

Thank you for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!  See you next week.

Happy Crafting!






Crafty SuppliesCrafty Places to Buy them
Distress Oxide Inks

Gansai Tambi Watercolors

Heat Resistant Acetate

Simon Says Wafer Dies Set SPACE JOURNEY

Simon Says Stamp You Matter

Simon Says Stamp You Wafer Die

1 comment:

  1. Welcome again Lisa and so pleased to have you with us at the Hen House, wonderful card, love the idea and the colors. Well done. Hugs, L

    ReplyDelete