Wednesday, November 29, 2017

4 Crafty Chicks #379 Anything Goes... so shaving cream it is!

It is my last week guest designing for 4 Crafty Chicks and I couldn't be more excited to share this design!  I recently saw someone marbleizing paper with shaving cream... so, I had to try it and it sure was fun! (and slightly messy!)

I used two different coloring techniques with the shaving cream.  The first was to use colorburst powders.  They provided a cool finish that reminded me of peacock feathers and then it all fell into place!  I embossed the peacock feather with gold embossing powder and die cut it out.


The second layer was made using shaving cream and liquid metals.  The marbleizing was incredible! I die cut a stitched rectangle out of the background and matted it on various colored papers.
The sentiment is from Concord & 9th embossing in gold on to clear vellum.



I had a wonderful 40th Birthday and have a tremendous amount of thank you notes to send out!  I certainly hope each recipient will know how thankful I am for all that they did to make my day so special!

Thank you again to 4 Crafty Chicks for selecting me to participate in their Guest Designer series for November!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas!  See you in the challenges!


Embossed Feathers
Marbleized Papers

Crafty SuppliesCrafty Places to Buy them
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Clear Vellum

Concord & 9th Lace Leaf

Kaisercraft Peacock Feather

Ken Oliver Color Burst

Ken Oliver Liquid Metals

Tsukineko Versamark Emboss Ink Pad Watermark

No comments:

Post a Comment